June 27, 2013

Grand Opening


One of the many activities I planned for my best friend's stay over the weekend was to attend the opening day of the Houston Food Park. I invited a friend from school as well since I knew, as a foodie, she'd appreciate the event. Due to city regulations against propane-fueled trucks, many food trucks aren't allowed to park in the downtown area, so Houston has never had a particular area where food trucks could gather. Houston Food Park provides a space that borderlines the downtown area for people to go and have a wide variety of food trucks to choose from for lunch and dinner.

While I'm an avid fan of food trucks, I also wanted to give my friend a glimpse of the outdoor activities that many Houstonians are willing to brave the summer heat for. There was quite a turn-out with live music, a shaded area from the sun, and of course, delicious street food. I know I'll definitely be returning!

 Admiring the street art

    
American Eagle Embroidered Top, DIY Cut-off Jean Shorts, Cole Haan Crossbody, UO Studded Belt, Call It Spring Sandals, Ray Ban Aviators

No comments:

Post a Comment