July 08, 2013

Two Day Getaway

 Spent Independence Day by Lake Travis
 Set off personal fireworks with friends
Can't forget sparklers
At the (welcoming) cool waters of Barton Springs
Adorable dogs were abundant
Spotted the largest colony of urban bats
Beautiful sunset + downtown Austin skyline

For the 4th and 5th, I, along with many other friends, went up to the capital and stayed at a friend's lake house for the holiday weekend. While I could only stay two nights, due to work on Saturday, the trip was exactly the kind of break I needed. Most of the time, we were outdoors swimming in Lake Travis, lounging on my friend's beautiful porch, wading around in Barton Springs, or playing volleyball (I attempted to play). All the physical activity was a welcome change from my Houston lifestyle. I've been to Austin multiple times, and each time I leave liking it even more. If I had to could choose which city in Texas I could end up in, my first pick would be Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment