August 09, 2013

Lunch, Laughs, & Lace



Zara Dress, Zara Heels, F21 Sunglasses

I had the wonderful opportunity to catch up with a childhood friend over lunch at Philippe Restaurant + Lounge (courtesy of Houston Restaurant Week). While we chatted and laughed about our experiences this past year, the chef himself was nice enough to come over to our table and greet us! I realize as I get older, the relationships I've developed over time are priceless. When a friend and I can go months or years without contact yet still be able to catch up over coffee or a meal like we never parted, that's when I know we'll be lifelong friends.

I thought this lunch reunion would be the perfect occasion to wear this beautiful lace dress I scored from the Zara sale. I love how it has a classic sheath shape but with an open back and that the lining is sewn to the dress, so I don't need to worry about it riding up (does anyone else ever have this issue?). There's something about shirts (like in this post) and dresses with open backs that just reel me in. I guess if I want to show some skin, I'd rather it be my back than anywhere else.

2 comments:

  1. Big fan of Zara clothes, this dress is a great piece for summer, cure outfit.

    -Jasmine
    http://huesnviews.com/

    ReplyDelete