August 14, 2013

Dog Days



Nollie Tank Top, AE Bandeau, Banana Republic Shirt, Zara Sandals, Ray Ban Aviators, Kate Landry Crossbody

My foodie friend and I took a chance and tried out James Coney Island's latest gourmet hot dog of the Chefs and Show Dogs series, the Mutt Barkus, created by Eatsie Boys chef Matt Markus. I missed out on the previous gourmet hot dog (which was apparently amazing), so I needed to see if this next one was just as good. In addition, Eatsie Boys offered free ice cream to anyone who brought in a receipt for the Mutt Barkus, so we couldn't pass that up. While I wasn't entirely impressed by the hot dog, the dulce de leche ice cream I had was delicious.

To balance out our indulgent meal, my friend and I originally planned to visit the James Turrell exhibit at the MFAH but found out, to our dismay, the museum is closed on Mondays. We then set our sights on the Glassell School of Art and the Rice Gallery to replace our afternoon plans. I guess I'll just have to find some other time to visit the Turrell exhibit before it leaves Houston.

I wanted to dress as comfortably as possible since I knew I'd be eating a hefty lunch and doing a bit of walking. I've had this dress for such a long time and worn it countless times. It's probably one of the best $5 buys I've ever made. It's actually an XL tank top worn as a dress since I'm so small; just one of those petite perks!

(Photos courtesy of my friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment