June 25, 2014

Sound Of the City


(view of the Houston skyline)

This post is about a month overdue, but better late than never!

I decided to volunteer for my ticket to Free Press Summer Fest this year since I wasn't as impressed with the lineup (in terms of artists who I wanted to see). Last year's lineup just set the bar too high. Regardless, I still had a fantastic time learning how to work ticketing (more like wristbanding) while still getting to enjoy some of the festival. The crowds were just as big this year, and the energy really made the infamous Houston heat bearable. On the down side, I got pick-pocketed at the festival, but thankfully, I didn't lose too much and cancelled my debit card right away. Note to self to be aware of my surroundings and periodically check my belongings. Nevertheless, I can't wait for next year's tickets to go on sale, so I can snatch them up early!

(at the Neptune Stage trying to catch a glimpse of CHVRCHES' Lauren Mayberry) 
 Floral Romper (last seen here), Banana Republic Chambray Shirt (similar), Leather Backpack
(my roommate and I celebrating after volunteering)
(Childish Gambino ruling his set) 
(the roommates and I taking full advantage of this sign) 
(ending the first night with Zedd)

No comments:

Post a Comment